Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Perfect Roast . . . Almost


So Joe is getting into the whole Jamie revolution thing and we have only watched like one and a half shows and now its over for the year, but Joe is enthused and wants to eat fresh and healthy and so I made a roast beef: Perfect Roast Beef (192). Healthy . . . right

The butcher at Jim's market, a local butcher shop on Fallbrook Ave., told me not to use beef top round that the recipe called for, but to use a sirloin tip, so I followed his suggestion. I think it turned out above average, but Joe wanted it hot and then cold and then hot again and his beef came out tough. Then he didn’t want any of the roast.

Now the sirloin tip was a bit bigger than what was called for and it came out rare—even a purple hue in the middle, but enough on the outside was ready to savor. Another thing to savor was the whole garlic cloves that were in the pot; they were like butter, and we used them like butter on some par-baked bread from Trader Joe's, but it gave me wife a mean case and let me just say that I was almost blown into the wall when one let loose: Beware--Gastronomical Anomalies!!!

I must say that the first three efforts have been enjoyable. I do look forward to the Indian section and Joe has tried/retried tomatoes, Italian parsley, and loves those steamed potatoes which of course are my recipe and not Oliver's. Pat on the back for me. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment